Madillustration Brooch Review

07:00:00
There are so many indie brands creating absolutely amazing things that it’d be impossible to list them all. Recently there’s been a bit of a rise of popularity for brooches and pins and you’re really spoilt for choice. But when I saw Madillustration’s Patisserie series I knew I had to have it.




Communication

There wasn’t much of it. I placed the order on the day of release, so Friday May 5th, and got the automated confirmation email straight away. Because I found out about these through Madillustration’s Instagram, I knew that she was going away and wouldn’t be able to send these until later. I’m not sure how else people could’ve found out about the series, so not sure whether another message to say so to all who placed an order would’ve been necessary, but I assume that as an indie brand relying on social media there would’ve been a message on every one of them, so in my eyes this still deserves top marks.

Shipping

The shipping price was reasonable, £2.50, since I only required domestic shipping (no idea about prices for international ones). I received a shipping notification on May 14th and received my order on May 17th, which is very reasonable. My brooch was packed safely in a bubble envelope adorned with the brands sticker, all still slim enough to fit through the letter box. The package inside was also wrapped in a cute paper bag sealed with another custom sticker (from the same series of illustrations as the brooch).

Madillustration logo sticker on the envelope

Moar macarons!

Item

I am absolutely amazed at the quality of the brooch! Because every design was made in very limited quantities (10 of each), a lot of care and attention went into ensuring that they’re all as good as they can be. I expected the brooch to be big, but not this big (it’s about the size of the palm of my hand), which I’m ecstatic about – this is definitely a statement accessory, which is exactly what I wanted. The print on the wooden base is crisp and full of detail that give it depth, such as specs of shiny film placed on top the highlights on the design. The pin at the back is sturdily attached with glue and I found no flyaway specs or strands elsewhere. The brooch arrived with a postcard with a andwritten thank you note at the back, which is just sweet. At the cost of £14.95 it delivers everything I wanted and more – and now that I have my macaron I kind of regret not getting other designs, even though rationally they probably wouldn’t fit my wardrobe quite so well.

There are little stars and hearts inside the brooch packet and
there's a lovely handwritten thank you on the back of the
postcard.

The biggest and prettiest macaron ever!

Back of the brooch


Overall I’m extremely impressed: with the service and with the product. I sincerely hope that Madillustration will make more brooches in the future because I really love her style of drawing and would like a little collection. In the meantime she sells various prints, more and less Lolita-themed and related, so if I find one that will sing to me as much as this brooch has, I’m definitely going to buy it!


10 comments:

  1. Ahh I ordered the same one! It's such a gorgeous, rich shade of pink that I really couldn't help myself! I own multiple macaron prints so I figured it would be the best for coordinating, even though I also love the fruit tart brooch *_* <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went for this one mainly because of it being a macaron, but the pink is absolutely gorgeous! I was eyeing the tart too, but decided that I only have one tart dress and not that much it's colour-wise - but in all honestly, I wanted all of them! <3

      Delete
  2. I have been lurking on her rosettes for sometime, but I never threated myself with one. Or maybe I should get the strawberrytart one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the brooches might be sold out now, but do check. Based on the quality of these, I'd totally buy the rosettes as well!

      Delete
    2. Luckily they wasn't, I grap some postcards as well. They are nice to put into scrapbook/giving away.

      Delete
    3. Very lucky! I need to make better use of the cards I already have, I don't really have much need or use for the ones I got.

      Delete
  3. Aaahw you have the macaron one! I was temped to buy that one too but ended up buying the doughnut and the name brooch. Not so many items in my wardrobe to match with the macaron hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were all to gorgeous, but with the other ones I'd end up getting things to match the brooches. We need more, that's for sure :D

      Delete
  4. This is so cute, I love the art style! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so beautiful, I'd happily have that framed on my wall if I had any room.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.